Welcome to Salinas Valley Medical Clinic - Health Care for Women
Health Care for Women has joined Salinas Valley Medical Clinic!
In April of 2014, Health Care for Women joined Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System's district clinic, Salinas Valley Medical Clinic. With the collaboration, our goal is to continue to provide the best care for our patients with additional resources. The physicians who will care for you at SVMC - Health Care for Women include Drs. Rachel McCarthy Beck, Analisa Marki-Dunn, Erica Chan, Judy Honegger, and recently welcomed Dr. Elida Marquez and Dr. Kenneth Jones.
SVMC - Health Care for Women Welcomes Dr. Elida Marquez and Dr. Kenneth Jones!
SVMC - Health Care For Women is pleased to welcome Dr. Elida Marquez and Dr. Kenneth Jones to the team. Dr. Marquez has been in practice for sixteen years, spending thirteen years in Salinas. Dr. Jones has been in practice for twenty-two years, spending his most recent three years in Salinas. Plus join us in welcoming the physicians to our practice.
For more information and to make an appointment call SVMC - Health Care For Women at (831) 758-8223.
Serving the Monterey Peninsula including Carmel, Salinas, Pacific Grove & Surrounding Areas
We specialize in women's health, including the primary care of women , especially in the area of Obstetrics , Gynecology (OBGYN), and infertility. As such, we have obtained advanced education and training and are Board Certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology. We are Fellows of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology . We are a professional health care team. Professional. Personal. Compassionate . Learn more »
What's New in Women's Health
- If your current birth control method isn't meeting your needs, contact SVMC - Health Care For Women to make an appointment today at 831-758-8223. We are available to answer all questions about birth control. Learn more about effective birth control methods.
- The importance of the pap smear continues to be absolutely vital for women's healthcare. A pap smear, also referred to as a pap test, is a test in which a sampling of cells is taken from a woman's cervix and evaluated, and the function of this test is to look for any changes or irregularities in the cells of the cervix that show cervical cancer, or any of the conditions and warnings signs that may later develop in to cancer. Contact us today to learn more about a pap smear.
- Within the expansive field of Gynecology, the primary conditions that are dealt with by your OBGYN includes Cancer and pre-cancerous diseases, Infertility, Incontinence, Amenorrhea (absent menstrual periods), Infections, Dysmenorrhea (painful or uncomfortable menstrual periods), and Menorrhagia (heavy menstrual periods), which is one of the common indications for hysterectomy. Some of the other more common reasons patients may need specialized health care includes birth control, menopause, ovarian cysts, sexual dysfunction, pelvic pain, well-woman exams, breast pain and lumps, and management of abnormal pap smears. Learn more our gynecologist in Salinas.
- The ESSURE procedure is the first and only FDA approved female sterilization procedure to have zero pregnancies in the clinical trials. Essure is a permanent, non-reversible birth control procedure that works with your body in order to create a natural barrier against any future pregnancy, the procedure of Essure has been used and trusted by both women and doctors like the professionals at SVMC - Health Care For Women over the past five years. Learn more about essure
- NUCHAL TRANSLUCENCY . The first trimester unltrasound screening for Down's Syndrome. Learn more »
- HYDRO-THERMAL ABLATION (HTA) The minimally invasive, in-office procedure that treats heavy bleeding. Learn more »
- Our focus to improve and inform you about your first prenatal care visit in Salinas , Monterey County . Prenatal care refers to the specific type of health care that a women receives both before and during her pregnancy. We're here to help you with all your prenatal care questions from prenatal care to prenatal vitamins in Monterey County Salinas, California . Learn more about prenatal care
- In our latest entry you can read about how SVMC - Health Care For Women in Monterey County are specially-trained in the field of obstetrics and are fully-capable of caring for all different kinds of pregnancies, from normal, all the way up to high-risk. Obstetrics questions? We're here to help and offer you the best care in women's health and pregancy. Learn about obstetrics in Salinas
Our Doctors in Salinas, Monterey County
It is not just professionalism and expertise that set our staff apart. We will always listen to you. We will share in your joys. We will recognize your fears. We will treat your concerns... Learn more »
SVMC - Health Care for Women OBGYN's service and are convenient to the following communities: